This workshop will tackle the evidence behind burnout and help participants build wellness and resilience. We will explore the neurobiology of the stress response and discover methods to develop lifelong resilience based on clinical research. This fun and informative session will include both didactic learning and interactive exercises. Join us for a special workshop on self-care and discovery.
· Review the signs and symptoms of burnout and
· Explore the concept of resiliency
· Learn how to engage in meaningful and regular self-care
· Highlight tools to build resiliency including mental health apps and mindfulness
· Initiate a personalized action plan for your own work-life balance
· Bring meaning to your life and work by thinking outside of the box
Technology needs - I would also need a projector but I will bring dongles with me and my own laptop
Dr. Linda Uyeda is a family physician who works at several Fraser Health youth clinics and the Forensic Psychiatric Hospital. Her own personal journey into child development began 16 years ago with the birth of her first child. Like many new parents, she felt confused about advice she was receiving from family and friends and turned to the scientific community for answers. She expanded her medical education to explore neuroscience, parenting, trauma and attachment and was fascinated by what she found. After incorporating this information into her own family and medical practice with immense success, she has begun educating parents, counsellors, teachers, and physicians about what she has learned.
• MD, CCFP University of British Columbia
• Fraser Health Authority Youth Clinic Physician
• Forensic Psychiatric Hospital Family Physician
• Mental Health and Parenting Educator: myumwelt.ca